Saturday 17 March 2018

Hanging On - By Riya



Hanging On
It all happened so quickly! One minute he was standing on the platform, the next he was hurtling through the air, hanging on for dear life…

My mind was on the brink of exploding. Fear coursed through my veins making my heart feel as if snakes were wrapping around it, squeezing all the life and air out of my body. I could hear kids screaming on the platform, their shrieks resembling a chorus of tortured souls.The hot metal burning into my skin was agonizing that I nearly let go of the train’s railing. Then sunlight pierces my eyes making them water.39 degrees worth of hot sun scorched the back of my neck as if I was being baked alive in an oven.The low-hanging trees smacked me in the face at rapid speed like a high schooler beating up a 10 year old.People were looking out of the train window in astonishment, fear and anxiety.One guy fainted the moment he looked at me.The ticket master opened the compartment door and threw out a hand for me to grab.I couldn’t reach. “MOVE CLOSER KID!”he cried.Hesitation gripped my mind.Should I or shouldn’t I? “YOU CAN DO IT!JUST JUMP!”shouted the man urgently.Would I be able to?I always failed in long jump at school.Maybe I should because I know I can’t hold on for to long.I put both hands on the railing and start to swing.One...two...three!I regretted this decision as soon as I jumped.I could hear people screaming then my head collided into the train track and I died.

No comments:

Post a Comment